Friday, April 6, 2007


Ghosts in the Chateau

This piece of work involved a new machine I have purchased called an Embellisher, it runs without thread and has a seven barbed needle unit.
I painted cotton fabric first as a background and then placed a second unit of meshed cotton which I had painted using fabric paint and then stitched using a drawn thread method. I then used the organza photocopy method with victorian ladies sitting in a group sewing. This gave a ghostly appearance. I then used the Embellisher to trap threads of embroidery silks between chiffon. I cut shapes of leaves and flowers from this new fabric and made a border of extra thread fibres and used the cut out shapes. I embellished the centres with various bead shapes. The ladies skirts are embellished with seed beads.

Size Height 12 inches or 30 cm
Width 14 inches or 36 cm
Price Forty GB pounds. plus P&P

No comments: